Salmon Salad – Immaculate Bites
salmon salad – Perfectly broiled salmon fillets with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives, lettuce and avocado in a wonderful garlic lemon dressing. It’s refreshing, beautiful, flavorful and so healthy that you’ll want to enjoy it several times a week. Easy to make, colorful, and perfect for a hassle-free lunch or dinner.
Who said comfort foods are bad for you? To be honest, anything that satisfies your cravings, like this salad, should be considered comfort food to me. It could be perfectly broiled salmon, or it could be a vegetable-and-vegetable fiesta. All I know is that this salad is a hit every time.
And homemade dressing! 🤤 Fresh Lemon Juice and Red Wine Vinegar give it the perfect amount of kick, along with gorgeous herbal notes of fresh dill, Italian herbs and minced garlic to accentuate the classic salmon flavor. It’s a salad that will satisfy even those who don’t like salad.
How to choose the best salmon for a salad
Salmon can be expensive, so for better value for money, choose high-quality salmon. Please Confirm. colors are vividand the The fish is plump and moist. It springs back up with a little pressure, but it doesn’t get overly fishy, brown spots or blemishes.
Additionally, avoid salmon fillets that are excessively drooping or that you notice crumbling or open cuts. You can also use frozen salmon It works well for this recipe, especially if you have a trusted brand you want to buy.
- salad dressing – Olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, fresh dill, garlic, and some dried herbs and spices make for a ridiculously delicious homemade dressing.
- salmon – Fresh pan-fried salmon tastes great in this recipe, but don’t be afraid to cook frozen salmon too.
- vegetable – Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, bell peppers, black olives and avocados are great vegetables for this salad.
how to make salmon salad
- of dressing – Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl: olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, dill, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Then set aside or store in the refrigerator if making ahead.
- season Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Grill the salmon on both sides until crisp and cooked to your liking.
- Preparation salad – While the salmon is cooking, mix all the salad ingredients in a plate or bowl.
- serve – Arrange the salmon on top of the salad. Drizzle salad dressing over everything. Serve with avocado and lemon.
- If you don’t have salmon, tilapia, fried catfish, and shrimp are great choices for this salad.
- The variations of salad vegetables know no bounds. You can literally omit anything and add anything else. For example, roasted vegetables or another salad dressing. Anything goes here, my friend. 😉
tips and tricks
- Prepare the dressing in advance: Make your salad dressing a few days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. But let it come to room temperature before pouring it over the salad.
- Let’s make it colorful: For a more Instagram-worthy presentation, use peppers of different colors. 🌈
- Combined with: Don’t be afraid to mix or combine other meats such as chicken, tuna or shrimp in this dish. You may be pleasantly surprised.
This salad can be pre-made with dressing and salmon. Prepare and save as instructed. refrigerator for 1-2 days. Then mix everything together when you’re ready to eat.
How to eat and store
I like to serve my salad with room temperature dressing and freshly pan-fried salmon, but it’s up to you how you like it. If you prefer everything chilled, give it a try.
Please store leftovers at refrigerator But make sure to consume it within the time limit. the next day Or so. If you can, store the dressing separately, as it will wilt the vegetables.
Most of the vegetables in this recipe pair beautifully with salmon, but the options don’t end there. Because any vegetable salad (baby spinach, arugula, shaved Brussels sprouts, baby kale, etc.) works well with salmon. Zucchini, broccoli, carrots, corn, shallots, and baked potatoes are also delicious.
Other amazingly delicious toppings can be added such as black beans, hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, pepita (pumpkin seeds), almond slices, pecan pieces, and chopped fresh herbs like coriander and basil.
absolutely. If you want the outer part to be crispy and crunchy, pan fry it first. Otherwise, place fillet in oven at 450°F/232°C for 12-15 minutes.
What goes well with salmon salad
Try the salmon salad on the side. roasted potatoes and carrotsThis will keep you feeling fuller for longer.You can also add the aspect of homemade garlic bread!
I also like to change the dressing from time to time. homemade ranch dressing or aspects thereof blue cheese dressing It’s the best when combined with salmon salad. I also like fresh and fruity drinks. sorrel drink. Hmmm!
See more easy salmon recipes
- salmon burger
- Teriyaki salmon
- smoked salmon dip
- salted salmon
- black salmon
Fresh, colorful, super healthy and hearty! What can’t you love? ❤️ Try this salmon salad and let me know if you like it as much as I do! Follow me for more fun salad recipes Facebook again Instagram. See you soon! 😘
see how to make
This blog post was originally published in August 2019 and has been updated with additional tips, new photos and videos.
Perfectly broiled salmon fillets with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, olives, lettuce and avocado tossed in a wonderful garlic lemon dressing. Refreshing, beautiful, flavorful and very healthy. And it’s easy to make. The perfect hassle-free lunch or dinner.
Preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 15 minutes
total: 35 minutes
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the salad dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, dill, garlic, onion powder, italian spices, salt and pepper. Keep in the refrigerator.
Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan or grill pan over medium heat. Grill the salmon on both sides until crisp and cooked to your liking.
While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salad ingredients and mix in a plate or bowl.
Arrange salmon on top of salad and drizzle with salad dressing. Serve with avocado and lemon.
Tips and Notes:
- Make the dressing first. Make the salad dressing a few days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Let’s make it colorful: For a more Instagram-worthy presentation, use peppers of different colors.
- Combined with: Don’t be afraid to mix or combine other meats such as chicken, tuna or shrimp in this dish. I don’t know what will surprise you.
- Please note that nutritional information is approximate and may vary significantly depending on the product used.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Provided by: 1salad| calorie: 531kcal (27%)| carbohydrates: 36g (12%)| protein: 8g (16%)| obesity: 44g (68%)| saturated fat: 6g (38%)| Polyunsaturated fat: Fiveg| Monounsaturated fat: 31g| cholesterol: 1mg| sodium: 1645mg (72%)| potassium: 1518mg (43%)| fiber: 14g (58%)| sugar: 14g (16%)| Vitamin A: 4008IU (80%)| Vitamin C: 161mg (195%)| calcium: 143mg (14%)| iron: Fourmg (twenty two%)