Fried Lobster Tail – Immaculate Bites
fried lobster tail – What could be better than seafood? Of course fried seafood!with them buttery soft Lobster meat, this crispy The tail fries are very tasty and perfect for a special date night. Take care of yourself! 😆
Don’t let restaurants fool you into thinking lobster is their domain. I used to save eating lobster for a special night out on the town, but not anymore. to cook lobster Surprisingly easy In the comfort of your own home, you’ll have delicious, sumptuous meals at a fraction of the cost.
While you may still have questions about lobster tail fries, think about how good other crustacean fries you’ve tried have been. They are all delicious, right? If you’ve never tried fried lobster tails, you’re missing out. But don’t worry, I’ll catch up soon. 😜
Lobster tail fries – in shell?
The lobsters are peeled from the tail shells, leaving little to no stickiness, and then they are all fried. Why leave the shell on? Well, no need.
If you don’t want the shell to get in the way, you can remove the meat entirely and fry it on its own. But there is something special about fried seashells. wow factor. So if you serve this to your guests, ask them to “eat with their eyes” and show them. It looks so boogie. ✨
- lobster tail – Opt for cold-water lobster tails if available, as they are much more flavorful than warm-water lobster tails.
- seasoning – Garlic and onion powder add depth to the cayenne pepper and creole seasoning, giving this dish a beautiful accent.
- egg wash – Whisk the buttermilk and eggs to create an egg wash that is perfect for the crumbs to stick to.
- bread crumbs – Mixing cornmeal with flour creates a light crumb that doesn’t detract from the lobster’s meaty splendor.
- garlic butter sauce – Butter, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Chopped Parsley – A combination born to drizzle over seafood. 🤤
How to make fried lobster tails
lobster tail butterfly
- cut the shell – Make a vertical cut in the top center of the shell with kitchen scissors, stopping just before the caudal fin. (photo1)
- divide the meat – Use your fingers to penetrate the shell, loosen the meat, and pull it up through the opening without pulling it completely out of the shell. Close the shell and place the meat on top of the shell. Set the tail aside.
- spices – Mix salt, pepper, Creole seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. (Photo 2)
- season – Lobster tail meat generously seasoned on both sides with a spice blend. (Photo 3)
bread and fried
- egg wash – Add buttermilk and eggs to a shallow medium bowl and whisk to combine. (Photo 4)
- bread crumbs – Add the remaining spices to a medium bowl along with the cornmeal and all-purpose flour. Mix well. (Photo 5)
- dip and dredge – Put the seasoned lobster tails into the buttermilk mixture, coat the lobster tails with the seasoned cornmeal, and shake off the excess crumbs. (Pictures 6-7)
- fry – Fry 1-2 lobster tails at a time in hot oil for 4-5 minutes until crisp. (Photo 8)
- drain – Remove the fried tails from the pan and place them on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- repeat Process using leftover lobster tail.
garlic butter sauce
- melted butter – Add the butter, garlic and parsley to a small microwave-safe bowl and mix for 30-45 seconds until the butter melts. (Photo 9)
- Last touch – Remove the bowl from the microwave and add lemon juice. Stir to combine. (Photo 10)
- serve Enjoy deep-fried lobster tails with garlic butter sauce and lemon wedges. 🍋
- Avoid heat. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper. You can also add another spice mix to the recipe, such as Old Bay or Lemon Pepper Seasoning, if desired.
- New to cornmeal or not a fan? Substitute it with breadcrumbs, plain breadcrumbs, or crackermeal.
tips and tricks
- Don’t overcook the lobster tail, making it tough and chewy. Cooking is complete in just a few minutes. Want a better indicator of doneness? The flesh will be opaque, but if the crumbs obscure it, look for a bright red shell instead. When the shell turns red, the meat is cooked. 🦞
- Use an oil with a neutral flavor and high smoke point. Suitable oils for this recipe include canola, peanut, or vegetable oils.
- Add just enough oil to cover the lobster tails. But don’t overfill the pan with oil. Leave a few inches of space between the oil and the top of the pan so the oil doesn’t splatter into the pan.
Like most fried foods, this lobster tail is best served piping hot off the stove, so we don’t recommend making it ahead of time. However, you can definitely get them mixed up. spices and bread crumbs of night Before. Store in an airtight container on the countertop until ready to fry.
Is there another preemption option? Bread the lobster tails and freeze immediately.they can stay in good condition freezer to Three months. Do not defrost when serving for frying. Put it directly into the frying pan so it doesn’t get sticky. Note that it will still be frozen, so it will need to be cooked for a few more minutes.
How to eat and store
Enjoy warm lobster tails with plenty of lemon and a rich buttery garlic sauce. If you have leftovers (which is unlikely), refrigerate put them in an airtight container 3 days.
Leftovers are best reheated in a 150°C oven until fully warm. The crumbs get a little crispy when baked, but the crumbs don’t crunch at all when heated in the microwave.
Some recipes recommend this to get rid of the fishy smell, but I find the buttermilk egg wash to be effective. Besides, lobster should have a decadent seafood flavor. Washing gives an even coat and soft lobster. 😋
It is a good idea to remove the shell by scraping it off a bit. However, do not wash the meat or soak the shell in water when washing. Otherwise, the lobster meat can become soggy and mushy.
Absolutely. Scallops, calamari, shrimp, oysters and even whole fish can be breaded and fried using this method.
What goes with fried lobster tail
I love pairing these beautiful fried dishes with simple side dishes that complement the main dish.Please try to serve together Asparagus sprinkled with parmesan cheese and Mashed potatoes for a perfectly satisfying meal.
They also go great with white wine. If you want to make something a little more fancy, peach bellini or white sangria.
More gorgeous lobster recipes to try
- lobster roll
- lobster thermidor
- lobster bisque
- broiled lobster
- lobster mac & cheese
Use it to feel like a great cook! Once you do, your family will agree that you’ve reached chef status. Looking for more fun dinner recipes like this one? Check me out on social media.I am always posting new recipes Facebook and InstagramThank you very much. 😘
fried lobster tail
What could be better than seafood? Of course fried seafood! Made with buttery tender lobster meat, the crispy fried tails are utterly delicious and perfect for a special date night. Take care of yourself!
Preparation: Ten minutes
cooking: Ten minutes
total: 20 minutes
For the tail fin of the lobster, use kitchen scissors to make a vertical cut in the center of the upper part of the shell and stop just before it touches the tail fin. Use your fingers to work your way into the shell to loosen it and pull it up through the opening without completely removing it from the shell. Close the shell and arrange the meat on top. Set it aside.
In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, creole seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix until completely mixed.
Lobster tail meat generously seasoned on both sides with a spice blend. Then add the remaining spices to a medium bowl along with the cornmeal and all-purpose flour. Mix well.
Add buttermilk and eggs to a shallow medium bowl and whisk to combine. Place seasoned lobster tails in buttermilk, dust lobster tails with seasoned cornmeal and shake off excess flour.
Heat oil to 350°F/177°C. Fry lobster tails, 1-2 at a time, until crisp, 4-5 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat the process with the remaining lobster tails.
Add the butter, garlic, and parsley to a small microwave-safe bowl and stir until melted, 30 to 45 seconds.
Remove from microwave, add lemon juice and mix.
Enjoy deep-fried lobster tails with garlic butter sauce and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Provided by: 1tail| calorie: 361kcal (18%)| carbohydrates: 38g (13%)| protein: 15g (30%)| obesity: 17g (26%)| saturated fat: Fiveg (31%)| Polyunsaturated fat: 3g| Monounsaturated fat: 7g| Trans fat: 0.3g| cholesterol: 118mg (39%)| sodium: 504mg (twenty two%)| potassium: 330mg (9%)| fiber: Fourg (17%)| sugar: 2g (2%)| Vitamin A: 731IU (15%)| Vitamin C: Fourmg (Five%)| calcium: 99mg (Ten%)| iron: 2mg (11%)