How to Cook T-Bone Steak
Learn how to cook a T-bone steak correctly and you’ll have the best T-bone steak every time. This grilled T-bone steak is covered in flavorful homemade dry his ribs and then grilled to perfection.
❤️ WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
When the T-bone steak is grilled, it brings out the firm flavor, making it juicy and irresistibly delicious. This delicious cut still has a T-shaped bone, giving it even more flavor than a lean steak.
Once you know how to make a T-bone steak, you’ll want to eat it as often as possible.This no-fail recipe will give you the perfect steak every time.
🥘 Gear used
Below are affiliate links. The Amazon Services LLC Associate Program is an affiliate promotion program designed to provide a means to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.co.jp and affiliate sites.
This T-bone steak recipe includes: gas grill, tongs, easy-to-read thermometer,Aluminum foil.
- T-bone steak: This recipe works best with 1-1.5 inch steaks. T-bone steaks are available at most major grocery stores. My local grocery store has a selection of reasonably priced fresh organic meats.
- Smoky BBQ Dry Rub: This grilled T-bone steak is seasoned with a smoky homemade dry rub made from carefully selected fresh ingredients to deliver the perfect combination of flavors!
🔪 how to make a recipe
This t-bone steak recipe can be scaled up or down very easily. Whether you’re making steak for your family or for a special occasion, the steps are the same.
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Preheat the gas grill to high. Take some homemade BBQ dry rub and generously spread it on both sides of the steak.
- Place the steaks on the hot grill and cook according to the table below. I like it medium well, so I grill the steak for 13 minutes (flip halfway through) to reach an internal temperature of 155 F. this tong Perfect for flipping steaks.
- always use meat thermometer Check temperature. See the table below for cooking times and temperatures for T-bone steaks of various thicknesses.
- When you’re done grilling, wrap the steak in foil and let it rest on the cutting board for about 5 minutes.
- If you skip this step, the juices will run right out and your T-bone steak will be a little tough and rubbery.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long do you cook a T-bone steak?
This chart shows the internal temperature your steak should reach depending on the desired doneness. Times shown are for 1 inch steak. Add about 3 to 4 minutes for a 1.5 inch steak.
|medium rare||135F||9-11 minutes|
|medium well||155F||11-13 minutes|
🥫 Storing and Reheating
depository: Cooked T-bone steak airtight container Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you freeze the cooked steak, vacuum sealing machine Seal to preserve freshness.
reheat: Defrost frozen steak naturally. Then put it back on the grill for a few minutes and heat it up in the microwave or oven. If reheating in the microwave, we recommend adding butter or a damp paper towel to keep it moist.
💭 Tips and variations
- Spicy: Cayenne pepper and paprika usually add a little kick to this recipe.
- Use butter: If you use butter on your steak, the floor will crumble. Especially when mixed with my homemade rab, it adds incredible flavor to the steak.
- Using Charcoal Grill: I gas grill In this recipe, charcoal grill works similarly.
- Keep fat: Some people remove the fat before grilling, but healthy fats are your friend on a low-carb diet, so leave them alone.
🍽️ What can I eat this recipe with?
Few things go wrong with steak. For a quick lunch, I like to eat steak with steamed broccoli and this spicy mayonnaise. very delicious!
This low-carb grilled T-bone steak makes for a hearty and delicious dinner, but needs a side dish to make it a complete meal.
If you are learning to cook a T-bone steak, the best way to cook it is on the grill.High heat creates the perfect conditions for a juicy steak at any time. You can use a gas or charcoal grill, but avoid indoor electric grills unless you have a good fan.
There are many different ways to prepare a T-bone steak. Examples include T-bone steak seared in a hot cast iron skillet, reverse shear and sous vide. Many chefs use fresh rosemary or compound butter to add flavor. I prefer to use homemade BBQ dry rubs because they go so well with the smoke and char from the grill.
A 1-inch steak should generally be grilled for 10-15 minutes or more, depending on the thickness of the steak. For the perfect T-bone steak, remember to let the steak rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to absorb. This is the secret to enjoying a tender T-bone steak every time!
Most steak cuts require plenty of seasoning to bring out the full flavor of the steak. At a minimum, you should coat the entire steak with a mixture of kosher salt and black pepper.
How to make a T-bone steak
Learn how to cook a T-bone steak correctly and you’ll have the best T-bone steak every time.
Share on Facebook
prevent the screen from dimming
Preheat the gas grill to high.
Rub both sides of T-bone steak with homemade BBQ dry rub.
For rare, grill 8 to 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 125°F.
For medium rare, grill for 9 to 11 minutes until internal temperature reaches 135°F.
For medium, grill 10-12 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
For medium well, grill 11-13 minutes until internal temperature reaches 155°F.
For best results, grill for 14-16 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Turn over halfway through baking.
When done, wrap the steak in foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes to allow the juices to soak in.
Serve and enjoy!
Make sure the steak is at room temperature before grilling.
It is very important to let the steak sit for 5 minutes after searing to lock in the juices.
calorie: 756kcal | | carbohydrates: 1g | | protein: 71g | | obesity: 50g | | saturated fat: 20g | | cholesterol: 190mg | | sodium: 511mg | | potassium: 1051mg | | fiber: 1g | | sugar: 1g | | calcium: 20mg | | iron: 7mg