The Vegan Nigerian: Fluffy Vanilla Vegan Pancakes
Happy pancake day. If you’re looking for a simple pancake recipe that’s light, fluffy and gets the job done, look no further. You likely already have all the ingredients at home, so if you’re at a “Forgotten Pancake Day” camp, this is the way to go.
These pancakes are pillow-soft thanks to vegan buttermilk and self-leavened flour. . Another tip for making sure your pancakes are fluffy is to gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not overmix or mix too vigorously. If there are still a few small lumps, that’s perfectly fine.
This pancake recipe is basic, but you can get creative with the toppings you want. Choose a fighter for
Watch the recipe video at Instagram Tag me when you share your work!
🥞 recipes (will be 12):
• 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (additional for frying)
• 4 tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar, but any type will do)
2 cups self-raising flour
• pinch of salt
🥞 How to:
1. Mix soy milk and lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar) in a large bowl and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
2. Add vanilla, sunflower oil and sugar and whisk.
3. Add flour and salt. Mix gently until well blended. It’s okay if there are some small lumps.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Scoop in pancake batter and bake until foam forms on edges or top. Flip over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite toppings. I sprinkled it with vegan yogurt, jam, banana, crushed peanuts, and a little brown rice syrup.