Fish Seasoning – Immaculate Bites
Fish Seasoning – Created specifically with fish dinners in mind, this all-purpose seasoning is an incredible flavor enhancer. A simple pantry staple that pairs beautifully with any fish. With a large batch on hand, you can easily create a quick and easy fish dinner.🙌
i love to keep homemade spice blend in my pantry.and this fish seasoning saved me Many times when we need to have dinner together in a hurry. Best of all, no matter how you cook the fish, it will work. Whether pan-fried, baked or fried, this spice mix has all the seasonings you need.
Homemade seafood seasoning for stress-free cooking
Who isn’t in a hurry to have dinner at the table? Ready-made condiments can be lifesaversCertain herbs and spices are compatible with fish. The first thing that comes to mind is dill. There’s no dill in this mix, but it turns a great fish dinner into a flavor party.
- garlic powder – This spice is used in almost all spice mixes due to its appetizing aroma and flavor.
- onion powder – The powder gives seasoning mixes a rich, slightly sweet onion flavor without the moisture that onions are known for.
- celery seeds – These tiny seeds provide an earthy flavor to round out the mix. The taste will change slightly, but the compatibility with fish is outstanding.
- black pepper – Add black pepper for a mild but noticeable kick! I love fresh grounds, but regular works well too.
- smoked paprika – Gives your fish a subtle smoky flavor that is absolutely divine.
- allspice – This spice is fragrant, fragrant, with a slightly peppery tone and tastes great with all kinds of seafood (even beef).
- Ginger – Tangy and slightly sweet, this spice is a must for my fish seasoning.
- mustard – Zesty and sharp, this does a great job of balancing out the overall mix.
- Cayenne – I love spice mixes and they give me a little kick.
- salt – Salt brings out other flavors in the mix. However, if you are controlling your salt consumption, you can omit it.
how to make fish seasoning
- mix Combine all ingredients, garlic and onion powder, celery seeds, black pepper, paprika, allspice, ginger, mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt in a bowl or jar.
- mix Mix the ingredients or shake the jar (after you put the lid on 😉) to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- shop Store in an airtight container (or even a ziplock bag) and use as needed.
- Replace celery seeds with celery salt. Be sure to adjust the amount of plain salt you add accordingly.
- If you don’t smoke, you can use plain paprika, but the smokyness is worth a last-minute trip to the grocery store.😉
- If you’re short on allspice, try pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Not good at ginger? Then add more mustard. Conversely, mustard can be replaced with extra ginger.
- Cayenne is recommended for spiciness, but you can add chili powder if you like.
tips and tricks
- Make sure your spices are fresh. To see if they are, rub a little between your fingers before adding them to the mix.
- You can also double, triple, or quadruple this recipe. This is because if you are making fish several times a week, you will need a larger batch.
- A general rule of thumb is that you want 2 teaspoons seasoning per pound of fishHowever, you can use more or less depending on your preference.
Use and storage
this fish seasoning any fish recipeYes, literally any fish recipe will do. Simply shake the fish on all sides before cooking. Here are some of my favorite recipes that add extra fish seasoning.
- beer battered fish
- fish stew
- grilled pompano fish
- southern fried catfish
- fried fish sandwich
- fish fry recipe
You can also turn this into a moist marinade by adding a few teaspoons of olive oil and drizzling it over the fish an hour or two before cooking. It fits well, so it’s very versatile. 😋
To store fish seasoning, airtight container in the cupboard, A place not exposed to direct sunlightHowever, we recommend that you do not store them in the refrigerator, as the moisture can dull the flavor of the spices.
Depending on the freshness of the ingredients, this condiment will last 3-6 months if stored properly.
If the seasoning does not stick to the fish, sprinkle a small amount of olive oil on it and then mix the seasoning.
It’s delicious, it’s customizable, and it’s way cheaper than buying it ready-made at the store. 😜
Where to use fish seasoning
I love how this seasoning mix enhances the flavor of especially fried fish.try with fish and chips again Fried southern catfishand you will see what I mean.
However, this seasoning goes well with dishes other than fish!Try on Oven-baked pork chops, cooked rice, again Fried ShrimpIt’s a great all-purpose seasoning.
More versatile seasoning recipes to try
- marinated steak
- all-purpose seasoning
- Southern seasoning
- octopus seasoning
- green seasoning
Here’s one of the most versatile spice mixes you’ll find in your pantry. What’s your favorite homemade seasoning mix? Comment below. ❤️
Preparation: Five minutes
total: Five minutes
Combine all ingredients: In a bowl or jar, combine garlic and onion powder, celery seeds, black pepper, paprika, allspice, ginger, mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir or shake the jar so that all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Store in an airtight container (or ziplock bag) and use as needed.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Serving: 1tea spoon| | calorie: Fourkcal| | carbohydrates: 1g| | protein: 0.2g| | obesity: 0.1g| | saturated fat: 0.02g| | Polyunsaturated fat: 0.03g| | Monounsaturated fat: 0.04g| | sodium: 466mg (20%)| | potassium: 15mg| | fiber: 0.2g (1%)| | sugar: 0.05g| | Vitamin A: 71IU (1%)| | Vitamin C: 0.2mg| | calcium: Fivemg (1%)| | iron: 0.1mg (1%)