Seared tuna steaks with lemon, caper & parsley butter recipe
Seared Tuna Steak Recipe with Lemon, Capers and Parsley Butter is a quick and easy low carb recipe. Capers, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and butter create a luscious, bright sauce that pairs well with tuna meat. With just a handful of ingredients, this delicious dish is ready in minutes and is perfect for a weekday dinner.
I sourced locally caught yellowfin tuna, which worked as a treat, but any good quality tuna will work in this recipe. .
What goes well with tuna steak
I chose a classic accompaniment that didn’t overwhelm the flavorful tuna: boiled new potatoes tossed with parsley butter and lightly steamed fresh asparagus. I love well-dressed green salads, so a simple mixed green salad was added as a third addition.
Boil the potatoes with a knife in salted water until tender, drain, and gently mix in the salted butter and chopped parsley.
To steam asparagus, boil in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and serve immediately. Steamed green beans also work well here.
Other salads that go well with this tuna are Fennel and Radish Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil, New Potato Salad with Fennel and Radish, and Spinach Salad with Grilled Zucchini, Feta and Mint.
I developed this recipe to match auto cabrière Chardonnay Reserve 2021 released in October last year. Here are my tasting notes for this wine:An evolution in the search for Chardonnay, with delicate orange blossom and grapefruit on the nose and citrus, melon and toast notes on the palate, underpinned by excellent structure and integrated oak. You can expect a fresh finish with lively acidity. ”
How to grill tuna steak
- Tuna cooks quickly So don’t overcook these steaks. It will be dry like canned tuna. Rather err on the side of overkill to get Bushing Pink interiors. The fish will cook when you remove it from the heat.
- Exquisite tuna steak Nicely toasted on the outside with a pink raw middle. The reason is that this cut is from a very lean loin with minimal fat, so overcoking it tends to dry it out. will be
- Buy sushi-grade high-end tuna Fresh and not fishy. The meat is moist but not slimy.
- heat a cast iron skillet Or a gas grill. A non-stick frying pan does not reach a sufficient temperature. Oil the fish and season. Do not oil the frying pan. Doing so may cause smoke or fire.
- cook tuna steak About a minute and a half on the first side and about a minute on the second side. The internal temperature should be approximately 48C (118F).
- To get a neat crisscross pattern On the fish, do not move the steak over the grill. After 45 seconds he rotates 45 degrees. Repeat on the other side, but flip over after about 30 seconds.
- cool the tuna steak With raised cooling racks to minimize carryover cooking.
Recipe – 4 servings
Seared Tuna Steak with Lemon, Capers and Parsley Butter
A buttery, tangy, flavor-packed seared tuna steak with lemon capers and parsley butter is a delicious, low-carb, easy dinner recipe.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 6-10 minutes
- total time: 32 minutes
- yield: Four
- Category: seafood
- Method: grill
- cooking: none
800gm – 1 kg raw tuna steak
sea salt & pepper
100gms salted butter
3 Tbs baby capers
21/2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
Garnish with caper berries and lemon wedges
Drizzle the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet to medium-high heat.
Cook one side of the steak for about 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness. If you want the steak to be pink in the middle, remove it from the heat in time.
Add butter, capers, parsley and lemon juice to a small saucepan and whisk. Pour this over the grilled tuna steak. Garnish with caper berries and lemon wedges.
Boiled new potatoes tossed with butter and parsley are the perfect accompaniment to this dish, along with cooked asparagus and a green salad.
Tuna cooks quickly, so be careful not to overcook these steaks. Rather err on the side of overkill to get Bushing Pink interiors. Allow the fish to cool on a rack to minimize burning when removed from the heat.
Do not grease the grill when cooking tuna steaks.
keyword: Tune, seared, tuna steak, capers, butter, lemon, lemon zest, olive oil, parsley, caper sauce
buy new ebook