Instant Pot turkey breast is the perfect solution for the most tender, juicy, off-the-bone turkey breast you’ve ever had. Even better, it takes him less than an hour to create this delicious holiday main course. It’s delicious and super fast!
Have you ever had to eat turkey for Thanksgiving or Sunday dinner? Thanks to Instapot you can say goodbye to dry turkey.
The whole family was shocked when I served this dish for the first time. Is this a turkey breast? But it only took 35 minutes. How is this possible? The instant pot method Save time locking in flavor and moisture. Pressure-cooking turkey breast gives it a melt-in-your-mouth tenderness that you just can’t get with a regular grilled turkey.
Why Instant Pot Turkey Breast is a Game Changer
Whether it’s a Sunday dinner, a family gathering, or a holiday, it’s only natural to spend all day in the kitchen. I think it’s better to spend time with your family. Cooking a turkey breast in the Instant Pot gives you all the flavor and presentation you want with very little time and effort.
- turkey breast – I prefer boneless turkey breast because it’s easier to cut into pieces after cooking. But bone-in works just as well.
- butter – Unsalted butter works best because it adds herbs and seasonings for herb butter that can be rubbed all over the turkey to give it a delicious brown.
- garlic – Fresh minced garlic is my favorite, but you can also use minced garlic from a jar.
- herbs – Fresh or dried sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley and paprika create an incredibly delicious punch of flavor and aroma.
- vegetable – Chopped onions and celery balance the flavor of the final dish and are also healthy.
- chicken stock soup – Homemade or store-bought chicken stock adds flavor and moisture to turkey breasts.
How to make Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- prepare the turkey breast – Season the turkey breast with salt and slide it under the skin if possible. Gently run your fingers between the skin and the meat to loosen the skin. (Photo 1-2)
- herb butter – Mix together the butter, garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika and parsley. Let the herb butter rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to prepare the turkey. (Photo 3)
- rub herb butter – Combine the herb butter and seasonings under the skin of the turkey breast and rub the turkey breast well. This step can be done the day before. (Photo 4)
- Sauté – In a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, press the Sauté function. When the fire goes through, add oil and fry the chopped onion and celery. (Photo 5)
- deglaze – Pour in the chicken stock and, while stirring, scrape the bottom of the pan with a spoon to remove any caked-on bits. (Photo 6)
- cooking – Place the turkey breast on the trivet and close the lid to seal the vent. Cook on manual high pressure for about 20 minutes (or 6 minutes per pound) until the instant-read thermometer reads 165°F/74°C when inserted into the thickest part of the turkey, about 20 minutes (or 6 minutes per pound). It takes about 10 minutes. Then start the timer. (Photo 7)
- release pressure – At the end of cooking time, let the Instant Pot pressure naturally release for 15 minutes, then turn the knob to release the air and release any remaining pressure.
- holiday – Let the turkey breast rest for 10 minutes before carving. That way the gravy will return to the meat. (Photo 8)
- serve – This recipe works great with mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
- If you can’t get enough of this holiday classic, turn it into a summertime BBQ legend. Cook in the Instant Pot and finish on the grill for beautiful grill marks and smoke flavor.
- You can also adjust the seasonings to create a delicious turkey breast that’s spicy, sweet, and tangy. With this cooking method, you have endless customization options.
tips and tricks
- For a turkey breast that boasts flavor to the bone, salt it the day before. This will make the meat even juicier. 😋
- Save the drip or pan sauce for incredible gravy. Use now, freeze later, or add to homemade stock.
Most of the Instant Pot turkey breast preparation can be done ahead of time. a day or two ago (Store in refrigerator). Whether you choose to salt the turkey breast or use a dry rub, you can season it the day before and it’s ready to throw into the Instant Pot.
pre-chop vegetables It will save you a lot of time. That way, you can devote more time to the show-stealing side.
How to eat and store
This Instant Pot turkey breast recipe is best piping hot with delicious sides like mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green beans, or mac and cheese. 4 days leftovers in the fridge.
To reheat the turkey, microwaveHowever, it’s much better reheated in the oven, stovetop, or Instant Pot. bake it is covered with foil 350°F/177°C About 20 minutes in the oven. Alternatively, you can cut it into 1-inch cubes, add about a cup of gravy, and heat it in a pan large enough to hold what you want to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use your slow cooker to make turkey breast. A bone-in turkey breast will take about 6 hours on low heat, and a boneless turkey breast on low heat will take about 3 hours.
A pressure cooker (Instant Pot) is best for tender, moist turkey meat. Salting the turkey and not overcooking it are two other ways to ensure the turkey is moist. Oh, and adjust the baking time according to the size of the turkey breast.
Yes! Have your butcher cut the turkey into pieces and cook it in the Instant Pot the same way as in this recipe. The result is always juicy and delicious.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Top off your special meal with one of these desserts. pumpkin pie, sweet potato casseroleAlso peach cobbler.
More Incredible Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
- instant pot country style ribs
- slow cooker ham
- vegetable and beef soup
- slow cooker green bean casserole
Do away with dry turkey breast for good and usher in a new tradition of tender, juicy and mouth-watering turkey. Have you ever made a turkey breast in the Instant Pot? please tell me.
see how to make
This blog post was originally published in October 2021 and has been updated with additional tips, new photos and videos.
instant pot turkey breast
The perfect solution for the most tender, juicy, off-the-bone turkey breast we’ve ever served. Even better, it takes him less than an hour to create this delicious holiday main course. It’s delicious and super fast!
Preparation: Ten minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
Break time: Ten minutes
total: 50 minutes
Sprinkle the turkey breast all over with salt.look how to brine a turkey About the brine recipe.
Stir in softened butter, minced garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and parsley. You can also melt the butter before adding the ingredients and spread it on the turkey breast.
Rub turkey breast well with herb butter. This step can be done the day before cooking.
Marinate in refrigerator until use. If desired, the herb butter can be made a day or so in advance.
Press the sauté function in a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
When the fire goes through, add oil and fry the chopped onion and celery.
Pour in the chicken stock and, while stirring, scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any caked-on bits.
Place the turkey breast inside the crate, set the vent to Airtight and close the lid.
Cook on manual high pressure for 20-35 minutes (6 minutes per pound) until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey reaches 165°F/74°C. It takes about 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, after which the timer starts.
When the cooking time is over, let the Instant Pot pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then turn the knob to release the air and release any remaining pressure.
Optional: If you want the turkey to look like the picture, cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it can easily burn you.
Let the turkey breast sit for 10 minutes before carving to allow the juices to soak back into the meat.
attach Mashed potatoes When gravy, mashed potatoes, or vegetables. fun!
Tips and notes:
- If you have the time, I recommend salting the turkey breast first for a more tender, juicy turkey. How to brine turkey.
- I used boneless turkey breast for this recipe, but it works great with bone-in turkey breast as well. Just put the meat side down.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the turkey breast. It usually takes about 6 minutes per pound to cook a turkey breast on high setting in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Please Confirm.
- Set aside the drippings as they make a delicious gravy or soup stock.
- You can amplify the flavor of your Instant Pot turkey by adding Italian seasoning Also Creole seasoning.
- Please note that the nutritional information is approximate and can vary greatly depending on the products used in the recipe.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Serving: 140g| | calorie: 253kcal (13%)| | carbohydrate: 2g (1%)| | protein: 37g (74%)| | thick: 11g (17%)| | saturated fat: Fourg (twenty five%)| | Polyunsaturated fat: 2g| | Monounsaturated fat: Fourg| | Trans fat: 0.3g| | cholesterol: 108mg (36%)| | sodium: 378mg (16%)| | potassium: 477mg (14%)| | fiber: 0.5g (2%)| | sugar: 1g (1%)| | Vitamin A: 470IU (9%)| | Vitamin C: 3mg (Four%)| | calcium: 35mg (Four%)| | iron: 1mg (6%)