Homemade Pineapple Juice – Refreshingly sweet and tangy with just the right amount of tartness, this drink is made from natural, fresh pineapple. Super easy to whip up and packed with nutrients in every glass.This drink is a tropical delight! 🏝
I couldn’t go a summer without sharing my recipe for the ultimate homemade juice. You’ll find this juice serving.It’s refreshing.
Besides being delicious, this drink is extremely healthy. What are the benefits of drinking pineapple juice? Rich in vitamin C, it is an immune system booster with anti-inflammatory properties. Seriously, what’s not to love about this golden tropical beauty?
Choosing the Right Pineapple for Pineapple Juice
The only rule to follow when choosing the best pineapple for juicing is to use your nose. You can tell how ripe and fresh your pineapple is by smelling its base. If your pineapple doesn’t have much of a scent, it may have been harvested too early or not very sweet. keep looking. Conversely, if you find one that has a strong pineapple flavor and is sweet, you are a winner. 🏆
- pineapple – One or two fresh, juicy pineapples make plenty of refreshing juice for your family.
- sugar – Pineapple is pretty sweet on its own, but you can add a few tablespoons of sugar to make it even sweeter. If you prefer a purely natural fruit drink, you can omit the sugar.
- garnish – Lemon, mint, or chunks of pineapple all make pretty (and delicious) garnishes for this juice.
how to make pineapple juice
cut the pineapple
- cut the end – Start by slicing the top and bottom of the pineapple using a long, sharp knife.
- leather – Then cut off the thick outer layer (peel).
- slice – Slice the pineapple on its side and remove the core from each slice.
- chunk – Finally, chop it up.
- puree – Place the pineapple chunks in a food processor or blender along with water and sugar (if adding). Blend everything until you have a smooth puree with no lumps of fruit.
- distortion Juice using a fine sieve or cheesecloth. Try to squeeze or squeeze out all the juice from the fruit fibers.
- taste test ・Taste and adjust the sweetness and thickness by adding water or sugar.
- serve Place immediately on ice and garnish with pineapple chunks, lemon slices or wedges, or mint leaves.
- Make a pina colada, my favorite pineapple juice cocktail. Combine fresh pineapple juice with coconut cream, milk, and a healthy dose of rum and lime juice to transform this recipe into a homemade tropical his cocktail.
- Make pineapple ginger juice by blending pineapple with chilled ginger tea instead of plain water. The spiciness of ginger is effective and delicious.
- Turn plain old pineapple juice into pineapple lemonade with a few extra ingredients. Add plenty of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of lime juice for a tropical lemonade that’s ready for the summer heat. ☀️
tips and tricks
- To make cold pineapple juice quickly, put the pineapple in the refrigerator. You can keep it whole or chopped.
- Cut the pineapple using a sharp knife. Otherwise, it will be difficult to peel. A sharp knife is helpful if you need to cut off the leftover pineapple eyes.
- If you’re in a tropical climate (or have a greenhouse), you can start growing your own pineapple by planting pineapple tops in your garden. It’s really that simple.
This juice can easily be made the day before. Follow the directions and store the juice in a covered pitcher in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How to eat and store
Chill the fresh pineapple juice and pour over ice if possible. Pineapple juice in the refrigerator can be stored in a pitcher with a lid for up to 3 days.
Pineapple juice can also be frozen. Store in an airtight container, leaving at least 1/2 inch of headspace at the top of the container to allow the juice to expand as it freezes. We will keep it for 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator the night before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pineapple contains many nutrients that the body needs, but pineapple juice should be consumed in moderation. Pineapple is quite sweet, so drinking a glass of juice every day can add sugar and calories.
Mango and banana are two of my favorite combinations, but pineapple juice works well with all kinds of citrus. Try mixing fresh pineapple juice with orange, grapefruit, strawberry, blueberry, or lime juice. 😋
You don’t have to toss it, that’s for sure! Use pineapple pulp in smoothies and cakes, or as a topping for yogurt or granola in the morning. The pulp retains the tangy pineapple flavor and provides a good amount of fiber. Did you know that you can also preserve the pineapple peel to make pineapple peel tea?
Compatibility with pineapple juice
I love to drink it with cold pineapple juice plantain chips When mango salsaIt’s my favorite summer snack.
However, pineapple juice goes well with any tropical meal.I also like the pairing with this juice Jamaican Curry Shrimp, GibaritoAlso stuffed cajun chicken.
Try More Amazing Pineapple Recipes
- pineapple salsa
- carrot pineapple cake
- Pineapple and cucumber salad
- rum raisin pineapple ice cream
- pineapple chicken
Take advantage of the bounty of summer and include this pineapple juice recipe in your weekly rotation! What’s your favorite fruit juice? Leave a comment below and let us know your favorite variations.
see how to make
This blog post was originally published in August 2019 and has been updated with additional tips, new photos, and videos.
Preparation: twenty five minutes
total: twenty five minutes
Using a long, sharp knife, cut off the bottom of the pineapple, chop off the top, then cut off the thick outer layer. (See Note 1)
Slice the pineapple on its side, peel the skin, and cut the pineapple flesh into bite-sized pieces.
Then add the chunks along with water and sugar (if using) to a food processor or blender.
Blend until a smooth puree forms, avoiding clumps of fruit.
Strain the juice using a fine sieve or cheesecloth. Be sure to squeeze all the juice out of the cheesecloth.
Add water or sweetener to adjust the flavor and thickness of the juice.
Serve immediately with ice cubes and garnish with pineapple, lemon, or mint.
Tips and notes:
- The pineapple skin and core contain more flavor and enzymes than the pineapple pulp. Wash the pineapple well and mix the chopped skin and core into the juice.
- Please note that nutritional information is approximate and may vary significantly depending on the products used.
Nutrition Facts Table:
Serving: 1cup| | calorie: 177kcal (9%)| | carbohydrate: 46g (15%)| | protein: 1g (2%)| | thick: 1g (2%)| | saturated fat: 1g (6%)| | sodium: Fivemg| | potassium: 329mg (9%)| | fiber: Fourg (17%)| | sugar: 37g (41%)| | Vitamin A: 175IU (Four%)| | Vitamin C: 144mg (175%)| | calcium: 39mg (Four%)| | iron: 1mg (6%)