say nothing birthday Like a sprinkle cake. Adding ice cream is a lot of joy. On my sister’s birthday this year, I tried a vegan ice cream cake and made a decision based on feedback. Instagram, You also seem interested in trying it out!Last year was like burning Ginger nut biscuit cakeThis year we’re chilling things with a fluffy vanilla sprinkle sponge stuffed with vanilla / honeycomb ice cream, whipped cream toppings, and all the sprinkles you care about. It’s very fun.
Before we get into the recipe, briefly remember my cookbook Vegan nigeria kitchen came out! If you love my recipes and want to support the work I do, definitely get a copy for yourself. You will love the variety of delicious, lively recipes out there.Available at paper bag When E-book.. Thank you thank you!
Let’s go back to the cake …
Let’s examine each element for some tips and recommendations.
1.1. sponge cake: This is a heavy cake with two thick layers of sponge cake. If you’re looking for something a little more pretty, or if you’re less likely to feed, you can halve the amount of cake ingredients to make two thin sponges.
Remember, unlike most traditional sponge cakes, you don’t want to overmix the vegan cake dough. By doing so, the gluten in the flour is overdeveloped, resulting in a dense, rubbery texture. I want a light and fluffy sponge, so feel free to mix the cake dough. Fold gently until all ingredients are almost well incorporated.
I used two 20cm sandwich cake can For this recipe. I also lined the bottom of the can with baking paper to prevent it from sticking together.
2.2. Sprinkle: The sponge is filled with sprinkles and is also used as a topping. Interestingly, not all sprinkles are vegan (some contain beeswax), so it’s important to note. You can find vegan-friendly sprinkles at shops such as Wholefoods and Planet Organic.For example, you can also find it online this, this Also this..
3.3. ice cream: Any rich, creamy vegan ice cream will work. If you have the time and energy, you can make it yourself from scratch (check this out) recipe For the easy way). However, what I bought at the store is perfectly fine.I recommend Jude’s For funky flavors (like the honeycomb flavors I used).Or you can never go wrong Swedish grace vanilla ice cream..
One secret to making a decent ice cream cake is to leave the ice cream for 30 minutes to soften it, then line up a layer of plastic wrap in the same cake can that you used for the sponge. Scoop the ice cream into a can, spread it out to smooth the top, then put it back in the freezer to harden. In this way, you have a round slab of fully formed ice cream to put between the slices of cake. There is no confusion or dripping.
4.4. Vegan whipped cream: Currently, there are several brands that offer squeeze vegan whipped cream.used Food Haven, I can recommend it with confidence. Or, if you want to make a coconut-based whipped cream from scratch, follow this procedure. Banoffee pie recipe..
If you like this cake recipe, you will love it too:
-Vegan blueberries and strawberry cake
-Vegan Rainbow Tie Dye Cake
-Orange butter cream and vegan orange cake
(For 16 people)
-4 cups of home flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
–A pinch of salt
-Caster sugar 2 cups
-Sunflower oil 2/3 cup
-2 cups of vegan milk (I used oat milk)
-Vanilla extract 2tsp
-1 sprinkle a cup of cake (or just care for you)
-One bathtub (about 750 ml) Vegan ice cream (Flavor of your choice; soften at room temperature)
— Vegan whipped cream
-Fresh sliced fruits of your choice (I used strawberries and blueberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. To make a sponge cake, add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in oil, vegan milk and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold the mixture until you have a smooth cake dough with little or no lumps. Sprinkle as much cake as you like and gently fold the batter until everything blends in well.
3. Divide the cake dough into two pieces evenly 20 cm cake can Lightly oiled with a layer of baking paper on the bottom. Place the cake in the oven (top shelf) and bake for 30-35 minutes until it is lightly golden and the skewers / toothpicks stuck in the center are clean. Allow to cool completely before removing the cake from the can. Keep the cake refrigerated while working with the layers of ice cream.
4. Place layers of plastic wrap in a 20 cm cake can. It doesn’t have to be very clean, but make sure the wrap film is up all the way to the sides. Scoop the softened ice cream into a can and spread with a spoon / spatula to smooth the top. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours until the ice cream hardens.
5. To assemble into a cake, place one layer of sponge cake upside down on a tray, large plate, or cake stand with the smooth bottom layer facing up. Remove the solid ice cream from the can / wrap film and gently place it on the cake. Place the second layer of cake directly on top of the ice cream.
6. For immediate serving, decorate with as much vegan whipped cream as you like, just sprinkle with fresh sliced fruit. If you don’t serve immediately, cover the cake (with plastic wrap or foil) and put it in the freezer until you are ready to serve and decorate it. The cake is best eaten at once, but it freezes really well and only takes 20-30 minutes to thaw before serving each time.
Please try this cake. If so, please let me know! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the comments section below or on Instagram.
Disclaimer: Some of the above links are Amazon affiliate links and you will receive a small fee for each sale at no additional cost. Thank you for your support.