Africa continues to be an exciting source of inspiration for designers due to its abundance of historical and cultural patterns and decorations.
To the extent below, African motifs and decorations combine with powerful graphics, photographic prints and vibrant color combinations to create dynamic and original fashion statements.
Below are some of the most famous contemporary designers working on the African continent who have created their own style and fashion lines.
- Marianne Fasler b1949, SA
- Oumou Sy b 1952, Senegal
- Duro Olowu b 1965, Nigeria
- Imane Ayissi b 1968, Cameroon
- Lisa Folawiyo b 1976, Nigeria
- Laolu Senbanjo b 1982, Nigeria
- Thebe Magugu b 1993, South Africa
- Aisha of Obi b Ghana- “Christy Brown”
- Adebayo Oke-Lawal b Nigeria, “Orange culture”
- KibonenNfib Cameroon- “Kibonen NY”
- Loza Maleombhob Brazil
- UgochukwuMonyeb Nigeria- “Ugomonie”
- JohnTchoudib Cameroon -‘SIKA’A’
- ItuenBasib Nigeria
- Priya Ahluwalia bUK- “Alwaria”
Dumela Clothing Co
This company custom-made traditional coats and jackets Basotho blanket. This iconic blanket has been redesigned as a contemporary stylish coat and jacket for both men and women.
Serry Rabby Kane
Serry Rabby Kane The collection is primarily focused on creating high contrast using light and dark colors.Sengal quilted wax prints, patches, sewing, embroidery decoration Bayfall Her hometown style makes her Very unique clothing that allows the wearer to express himself and his senses.
Bring to the street